Saturday, June 26, 2010

As promised...

Picture Time!

Villagers attending a health promotion meeting.

Hanging out in the back of a pickup truck speeding over a bumpy road.

Aw...sa-at!

It's been pretty muddy in Lvay Em. Enough said. Mom and dad, thanks for the sandals. They work remarkably better than the flip flops most people wear here.

The roads are a bit dicey, to say the least. Especially this week, when it rained a lot. Channeth and I have only fallen off our moto twice so far! Here she is (left) making her way across a particularly tricky spot. I opted to walk to give her a bit more stability.

And perhaps my favorite mode of transport so far is this little ferry, which we took to get from one village to another because the roads were too mucky.
So that's all for now. Congrats to Miriam on her grad--sorry I wasn't there, but check the messages on your machine!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Naomi! I really like the slant-eyed squint in the back of the truck - and the moto looks like the only way to go. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture of the ferry, ferrying across the river with the moto brought back childhood memories! We used to have to cross rivers, large and small, by ferry all the time. It's a great mode of 'riverportation'.Thanks for blogging. It's great to keep up with you a bit this way. Your poster for the Conservation Biology looks great!

    ReplyDelete