Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm Off!

Wow, time has flown! And tomorrow I'm flying--off to Cambodia to begin all sorts of crazy adventures! We've had two wonderful, if a little overwhelming, weeks of training in Calgary, and I am now well-versed on the wonders of diarrheal diseases. Last week we stayed in a church in Millarville while we learned how to construct the bioSand water filter, latrines, and tippy taps. We even got to experience a real cowboy church, which was phenomenal! Then we topped it off with a weekend retreat at Camp Evergreen.

Tomorrow evening I fly to Phnom Penh (via Vancouver and Taipei) with Andrea and Jeff, two other water interns. We'll be working separately, but it's awesome that we can make the journey together and will be able to connect every now and then while we're there.

Stay tuned for more updates as my adventures unfold! And to learn more about the Household Water Project I'm working on, check out Samaritan's Purse's website!

 
Water interns 2010--chilling out after constructing our very first filters! (Photo by Carolina Sanchez).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Naomi! Thanks for the blog link. I love to stay connected to get an idea what you are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete